Hospital Employed Palliative Medicine Opportunity!
Northwest Texas Health System in Amarillo, TX is recruiting a Palliative Care physician who will be instrumental in developing this new program for our hospital.
The Amarillo community has a strong need for palliative services, and offers a collaborative environment with a strong referral base and an emphasis on quality patient care.
• Hospital-employed position
• Program will be structured as an extension of the Hospitalist group
• Work with a mid-level provider to provide initial consults on goals of care, pain and symptoms, end of life issues, and generally support the hospitalists from a palliative perspective
• Position also includes a Medical Directorship overseeing Case Management
• Competitive Compensation, that includes a base salary with wRVU production bonus
• Excellent Full Benefits Package with a Sign on Bonus, and other incentives
• Ideal candidates must be BC/BE in Palliative Medicine
Amarillo has four distinct seasons! Located in north Texas, the city is about four hours from Albuquerque, six hours from Denver and an hour's flight to Dallas.
The public schools are excellent and there are parochial and private schools available. Amarillo Community College is located in the city and West Texas A & M is located fifteen minutes from Amarillo.
Amarillo has many cultural activities, which include the Amarillo Symphony and Opera, the Lone Star Ballet, and several theater groups.